Mens Tennis: Youakim wins twice in UM-Morris loss
The University of Minnesota Morris men's tennis team (4-8, 2-5 UMAC) dropped its Upper Midwest Athletic Conference (UMAC) regular season finale to Bethany Lutheran (5-6, 3-2 UMAC) 6-3 Tuesday, April 23, in Morris.
Kyler Cooper also earned a team point for UMM with a 7-5, 6-0 win over David Lee at No. 6 singles.
The Cougars close out the regular season against North Central at 3 p.m. Thursday, April 25, in Morris. UMM will look for its third win over the Rams this season as the Cougars have previously won 6-3 back on March 14 and 6-3 on April 19.
Bethany Lutheran 6, UM-Morris 3
- Laine Larson (BLC) def. Jack Flicker(UMM) 6-1, 6-0
- Dalton Werckman (BLC) def. Cole Peters (UMM) 6-0, 6-1
- Carter Dahl (BLC) def. Kenny Knudson (UMM) 7-6, 6-2
- Nico Martinez Biali (BLC) def. Franklin Real (UMM) 6-2, 5-7, 10-5
- Gannon Youakim (UMM) def. Noah Gernander (BLC) 6-0, 6-0
- Kyler Cooper (UMM) def. David Lee (BLC) 7-5, 6-0
- Dalton Werckman/Carter Dahl (BLC) def. Jack Flicker/Cole Peters (UMM) 8-3
- Laine Larson/Nico Martinez Biali (BLC) def. Kenny Knudson/Franklin Real (UMM) 8-4
- Gannon Youakim/Jason Vang (UMM) def. Noah Gernander/David Lee (BLC) 8-2