Womens Tennis: Cougars get back to winning
After four straight losses, the University of Minnesota Morris women's tennis team (5-6, 4-3) got back to winning and notched a 6-3 win over Bethany Lutheran (5-9, 2-3 UMAC) in its regular season conference finale Tuesday, April 23. The Cougars won 4-of-6 singles matches and two doubles matches on the day.
Maddie Johnson, Sam Tate, Kat Burquest, and Hannah Godzala all won at their respective singles spots. Johnson and Kate Obright teamed up for a win at No. 1 doubles and Tate and Burquest also won at No. 2 doubles.
The Cougars close out the 2019 regular season against North Central at 3 p.m. on Thursday, April 25, in Morris.
UM-Morris 6, Bethany Lutheran 3
- Maddie Johnson (UMM) def. Taylor Bolduan (BLC) 6-0, 6-4
- Shoshana Bruner (BLC) def. Kate Obright (UMM) 6-4, 1-6, 10-8
- Sam Tate (UMM) def. Leah Schaefer (BLC) 6-2, 6-0
- Kat Burquest (UMM) def. Audrey Petersen (BLC) 6-1, 6-2
- Jessalyn Aune-Smith (BLC) def. Mackenzie Burris (UMM) 7-6 (9-7), 7-5
- Hannah Godzala (UMM) def. Emma Carmichael (BLC) 6-2, 6-3
- Maddie Johnson/Kate Obright (UMM) def. Shoshana Bruner/Taylor Bolduan (BLC) 8-3
- Sam Tate/Kat Burquest (UMM) def. Leah Schaefer/Emma Carmichael (BLC) 8-0
- Audrey Petersen/Jessalyn Aune-Smith (BLC) def. Mackenzie Burris/Hannah Godzala (UMM) 8-0