The University of Minnesota, Morris men's soccer team finished the regular season with a 3-1 loss to UW-Superior Saturday, Oct. 27 and then was eliminated in the quarterfinals of the UMAC tournament with a 4-2 loss to Crown Monday, Oct. 29. The Cougars end the 2018 season 6-11-4 overall.

UW-Superior 3, UM-Morris 1

Minnesota Morris honored eight seniors, who were playing in their final regular season home game Saturday, Oct. 27, in Morris. The Cougars, having already qualified for a UMAC postseason berth, fell to conference-leading UW-Superior, 3-1, in UMAC men's soccer action, at the Cougar Soccer Field in Morris.

The Yellowjackets controlled the action from the offensive from the onset as they held a 29-8 edge in total shots and 14-2 advantage in shots on goal throughout the contest. The Cougar goalkeepers did a good job of keeping UMM in the game. Senior Matt Marshall started and made two saves in just over 10 minutes and Jake Peterson stopped nine Yellowjacket shots.

UWS was able to connect on one shot in the first half, an Aaron Blanchard goal in the 35th minute to take a lead going into halftime.

The Yellowjackets added goals in the 58th and 76th minutes to extend the lead. Tristan Balk got the Cougars in the scoring column in the 87th minute with a deposit in the net off a steal.

Minnesota Morris finishes the regular season with a 6-11-3 overall record and 6-4-2 mark in the UMAC.

Crown 4, UM-Morris 2

An exciting UMAC men's soccer quarterfinal contest needed penalty kicks to decide a winner after Crown and Minnesota Morris dueled to a 2-2 tie through 110 minutes Monday, Oct. 29, at the Cougar Soccer Field in Morris. Crown outscored Minnesota Morris, 4-2, in penalty kicks to advance to the next round of the UMAC playoffs.

After a scoreless first half, action picked up in the second half. Crown got on the scoreboard first in the 64th minute. UMM's Aaron Wackerfuss quickly countered and tied the game at 1 in the 72nd minute on a rebound attempt off the Crown goalie.

In the 80th minute, Jake Alessio led Tristan Balk on a nice crossing pass that he drilled into the right side of the net for the 2-1 UMM lead.

The Cougars maintained their one-goal edge in the closing minutes. In the final minute, Crown's Storm Heyer connected on his second goal of the afternoon as he scored a goal off a loose ball into the left side of the net.

UMM came out firing in the first overtime session. Shots from Alessio and John Hoff were saved by Crown goalkeeper Eli Etzel. Three other Cougar chances were high.

It remained tied through the second overtime session and the game needed to be decided by penalty kicks where Crown gained the 4-2 win. Crown advances to face UW-Superior Wednesday in a UMAC semifinal contest.

Minnesota Morris ends the season with a 6-11-4 overall record.