Morris woman named finalist for Princess Kay title
ST. CLOUD — A Morris woman is among ten finalists named over the weekend for the 2019 Princess Kay of the Milky Way.
Elizabeth Golombiecki is among the candidates selected as part of the Dairy Promotion and Leadership Event held in St. Cloud.
To compete to be a finalist for Princess Kay of the Milky Way, each princess had to submit an application, participate in a personal interview, prepare and deliver a speech and participate in a mock media interview. The event also included training on how to use their leadership skills to promote dairy and be better advocates for the dairy community.
Princess Kay and county dairy princesses make appearances to help explain dairy farm families' commitment to taking care of their animals and resources while providing dairy products.
The 10 finalists will compete for the title of Minnesota's 66th Princess Kay of the Milky Way, which is held in conjuntion with the Minnesota State Fair.
The finalists include:
• Kayla Biel, Harmony, daughter of Kevin and Kelly Biel, representing Fillmore County.
• Elizabeth Golombiecki, Morris, daughter of Julie Golombiecki and the late Ron Golombiecki, representing Stevens County.
• Donna Honer, St. Cloud, daughter of Scott and Toni Honer, representing Stearns County.
• Grace Jeurissen, Lester Prairie, daughter of Rick and Mindy Jeurissen, representing McLeod County.
• Elizabeth Krienke, Lester Prairie, daughter of Kraig and Rachelle Krienke, representing McLeod County.
• Amy Kyllo, Byron, daughter of Paul and Susan Kyllo, representing Olmsted County.
• Lexie Lange, Sherburn, daughter of Mark and Joanna Lange, representing Martin County.
• Rachel Paskewitz, Browerville, daughter of Alan and Vicki Paskewitz, representing Todd County.
• AnnaMarie Sachs, Eyota, daughter of Charlie and Carrie Sachs, representing Olmsted County.
• Brittney Tiede, Le Center, daughter of Lloyd and Diane Tiede, representing Le Sueur County.
Each candidate will have their likeness carved in blocks of butter during the 2019 Minnesota State Fair.