A rental house at 718 Iowa Ave. in Morris was damaged in a fire on the afternoon of April 22.

The fire apparently started in the basement apartment of the rental house. Rebecca Kragness lives in the basement apartment with two children and said no was one injured.

The house is owned by Erv Krosch of Morris.

"I'm just in shock," said Becki Jordan who rents the main floor of the house.

Although no one was injured in the fire, Kragness was still waiting to see if one her two cats was safe as of 4:30 p.m. The teen who lives in the basement apartment was able to remove a dog and cat from the apartment, a neighbor said.

The Morris Fire Department and Hancock Fire Department responded to the fire.