Weather Forecast


Lincoln HI defeats Owls at home

The Hancock Owls hosted the Lincoln HI Rebels of Ivanhoe on Friday night and found themselves on the short end of a 46-12 ball game. The Owls came out very physical to start the game. The Rebels had negative nine yards of offense after eight offensive plays. For the quarter the Owls held Lincoln HI to only four yards rushing. Hancock was able to run the ball all night as the front line controlled the line of scrimmage both offensively and defensively. The Owls moved the ball well, but drives always seemed to be plagued with penalties stalling out Hancock's push for the end zone.

With two minutes left in the first quarter the Rebels connected on a 56 yard touchdown pass (kick good). Up until this point the Owls defense had held the Rebels to only seven yards of total offense.

The second quarter was more of the same as the Owls continued to move the ball but would stall out before reaching the end zone. With just under six minutes left in the half and finding themselves down 13-0, Hancock put together an impressive drive that took just under four minutes to cover 65 yards. The Owls drive was capped off by a five yard run by Michells Algarate to make it a one possession game with just over two minutes in the half. The Owls defense remained stingy during the second quarter but would allow two big pass plays to the Rebels to give them a halftime score of 21-6 with Hancock getting the ball to start the second half.

During the third quarter everything seemed to be bouncing Lincoln HI's way as they would keep Hancock out of the end zone and score 25 points themselves for a 46-6 lead at the end of three. The Owls would score the next and final points of the game with 6:23 left in the game Taylor Holleman would find Austin Steege on a five yard touchdown pass to give them a final score of 46-12 in favor of the Rebels.

This was one of those games where everything seemed to bounce the other way.

"Every time we would get the ground game going it would seem that we had another penalty to back us up and for the first time all year we struggled to throw the ball," stated head coach Chad Christianson. "We came out fired up but seemed to lose some of that vigor when things started bouncing the other way. We hope to come out with that same fire and keep it the whole night as we travel to Wheaton to take on a very good Warrior team Friday night."