Road safety projects, including Highway 28, begin Aug. 13
DETROIT LAKES – Motorists may encounter minor delays on highways throughout west central Minnesota beginning Wednesday, Aug. 13, as crews make safety improvements to shoulders.
The highways included in this project include:
- Highway 9 from Highway 10 to the Clay/Norman county line
- Highway 28 from Graceville to Morris
- Highway 54 from Elbow Lake to Highway 27
- Highway 55 from Glenwood to the Grant/Douglas county line
- Highway 210 from Breckenridge to near Foxhome
- Highway 210 from Battle Lake to Highway 29
- Highway 225 from Highway 34 to Ponsford
Motorists will encounter intermittent shoulder closures where crews are working. Drivers are urged to slow down through the moving work zones.
The work will improve safety by adding gravel to the shoulders to eliminate drop-offs along the edge of the pavement. It is expected to be complete by mid-September, weather permitting.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.